St. John First Missionary Baptist Church was established in 1927 in Chosen, Florida under the leadership of Reverend W. J. Bryant. In early the 1930’s, land was purchased in the 300 block of S.W. 5th Street in Belle Glade, FL at the corner of Avenue C Place to erect a church building. Between 1930 and 1950 nine ministers served as Pastor of St. John First Missionary Baptist Church. In February 1950, Rev. Dr. J.B. Adams arrived and served as Pastor from 1950 till 1999. During his stewardship membership increased and in 1953 land was purchased for a new church building and the church moved to it current location at 600 SW 8th Street in Belle Glade, Florida. In November 1999 Dr. M. Marshall Woodard, III accepted the call to become pastor and served from 1999-2002. Currently, Rev. Dr. Robert L. Rease serves as Pastor. He arrived August 1, 2005.